Each individual business has its own set of unique processes, products, and services at its core. Keeping up with everyday changes at the workplace can be difficult to implement and execute using traditional emails, spreadsheets, and legacy systems. By opting for an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, you get a single window into optimizing most of your business processes that improves efficiency and boosts growth.
Tangible Benefits of ERP
ERP automation software can provide several tangible benefits for your business including, but not limited to:
- Improving the productivity quotient of different processes and people by streamlining activities
- Singular tool with multiple integration capabilities equal reduction in multiple software and upgrade cost
- A decrease in paper, postage, and print costs
- Faster lead times with faster product and service search functions
- Maintain stock and inventory costs with real-time insights
- Automated billing and payment
You can easily measure and track your benefits and ROI on your ERP investment through any of the above-mentioned benefits. ERP software does much more though. There are many intangible benefits to implementing an ERP software, too.
Intangible Benefits of ERP
If your company has ever invested in refurnishing office premises, provided employee training, or participated in corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities, by and large you understand the concept of intangible benefits. While ‘tangible benefits’ is the term used to define those benefits that can be measured in monetary terms, ‘intangible benefits’ are usually labelled to the benefits that cannot be measured strictly in monetary terms, but have a substantial impact on the business nonetheless.
Some intangible benefits of ERP for your business that might not be evident right away, but provide immense value in the long run are:
- Increased accountability due to organizational and procedural transparency
- In-depth data analysis resulting in prompt decision making
- Increased customer satisfaction due to faster response rates
- Optimum utilization of resources
- Aids long-term strategic planning with scale
- Improves employee morale by automating regular, mundane, and repetitive tasks
While the monetary tangible benefits can help you when choosing your ERP software and vendor, the intangible benefits are what will help you "sell" the same software to your own staff. User-friendly features and easily configurable tools go a long way in enhancing and enriching user adoption. Your ideal software will be a robust combination of the two.
ProV is a premier global managed service provider (MSP) that has built up years of experience in implementation help for small and medium sized organizations. Our world-class resources make sure you have the correct software fit, customized for your organization. We follow up with best-in-class implementation techniques that save you money and time, and contribute to a higher ROI than you imagined. To learn more about how we use technology to simplify business processes and make organizations more agile, drop a comment below or contact us today.