With features like single screen data performance, content customization, anywhere access, and live message feed notifications, there's never been a better time to upgrade your ERP—a common choice for a business back-end boost injection. Over the years, we realized, however, that the successful planning, implementation, and support of modernizing an ERP system can get expensive. That is why we wanted to share a short list of action items that have proven successful in our implementations. Let's walk through a few of these tips for cutting your ERP upgrade cost by 20% or more.
Build the foundation for your implementation. Though this seems like an obvious choice for many, in an effort to save money, some companies choose to begin transitioning without this key strategic step, which can be counterproductive. A blueprint allows you to analyze your current setup and define a functional and low cost execution plan, ultimately providing the following benefits:
- Document the company project goals and objectives
- Prepare a well-grounded and detailed implementation plan
- Schedule projects and manage the implementation sequence
- Define business processes and organization structural changes
- Coordinate a cost-effective and organizationally effective roll-out plan
2) On-Demand Test Bed
Create an elab/test bed that will help you deploy a copy of your applications for testing, development, and automatic upgrades. A good amount of time must be spent building a test environment to minimize any defects found in the future. Simplicity in these environments is essential. A complex test configuration can also delay other tasks within your company.
3) Offshore Center for Excellence (COE)
Most ERPs will allow you to implement a CRM solution quickly and cost-efficiently. Once you set up and implement the right tools that help simplify your company's business processes, you must make sure your support team is in fact working alongside your platforms. One of the most cost-effective ways to do this is to set up an offshore COE for applications life cycle services, support, and help desk, which allows you to:
- Have better revenue realization and enhanced ROI
- Lower labor costs and increased realization of economics of scale
- Tap in to a knowledge base for better innovation
- Free management time and concerned about outsourced routine activities
- Increase speed and the quality of delivery of outsourced activities
- Reduce cash outflow and optimize resource utilization
What other ways have helped you save cost in IFS Applications or other industry ERPs implementations? Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below. If you'd like more information on ERP Upgrade and implementation, contact us today for a free assessment.