The Bid Manager will assemble and manage a bid team that has the skills to prepare and submit a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. The Bid Manager is responsible for managing an opportunity from initial identification of a customer requirement through to contract renewal strategy. Position will work out of Chennai, India location.
The Bid Manager is significantly involved pre-RFP, driving the Capture Phase and ensuring all resources are aligned to the client’s requirements long before the Bid and Pursuit Phase gets underway. After bid submission, the Bid Manager remains involved through the presentation and negotiation stages, ensuring all lessons learned are fed back and implemented.
Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It requires strong people management and commercial skills.
Proven ability in delivering winning, multi-million product or services opportunities. Ideally has a background in solution selling and experience of bid management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide valuable input into value proposition development, opportunity qualification, win strategy, commercial discussions, and solution delivery. Proven team leadership skills in office-based and virtual work environments. Must be an excellent communicator and comfortable working at CEO / Director Level (internal and external customer). Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace. Sound commercial understanding and profit and loss experience coupled with risk management skills. Has the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities. Solid understanding and management of internal governance procedures.
· Manage the end-to-end bid process.
· Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from key stakeholders, typically engaging with sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and project management / delivery.
· Work with the Sales lead to develop a clear win strategy for each bid and ensure win themes are clear and compelling.
· Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
· Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all products / services are included in the final price to the customer.
· Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
· Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as providing guidance around the executive summary).
· Manage the bid budget and monitor and report on overall performance against KPIs.
· Ensure timescales are achieved at each step of the bid process, including all internal governance, while taking the initiative in setting realistic deadlines.
· Ensure on-time submission of compliant and commercially sound bids.
· Co-ordinate and plan all client presentations required as part of the bid submission.
· Drive continuous improvement, through post-bid reviews, both internally and with customers.
· The role will report to a CTO
Measure of Success
· Typical measures of success include win rate, capture rate, revenue secured, bid margin, retention rates, bids submitted and achievement of internal SLAs.
· Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
· Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
· A strong strategic and business mindset
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
· BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be preferred
· Ideally you have 3+ years of experience in a similar role
· 3+ years of knowledge in bid and sales managemen